Skip to Main Content
- Disconnect your device from the network
- Choose the option Forget Network to update password
- Repeat #1 and #2 If you have intermitting issues:
- Account Locked Out message at logon
- Rejected connection to the u-m network
How to forget a network on your device
When your password changes, you'll need to forget your um network connection and reconnect with the new password. Here's how:
While in range of the wi-fi network you want to forget, you can do so right on your iPhone.
Launch the Settings app.
Tap the info button next to the wi-fi network you want to forget. It looks like a lower-case I.
Tap Forget This Network.
Tap Forget when prompted to confirm you want to forget the network.
1. Open your Android's Settings app. The Settings icon looks like a gray gear or wrench icon on most Android devices
2. Find the Wireless & Networks heading. This section will be at the top of your Settings menu.
Depending on your device model and current software, you might have to tap a Connections tab at the top of your screen.
3. Tap Wi-Fi under Wireless & Networks.
4. Slide the Wi-Fi switch to On position. It's located in the upper-right corner of your screen. You will now see a list of all available Wi-Fi networks around you.
5. Tap and hold on the network you want to forget. It will open a pop-up window with network options.
Depending on your device and software, you might need to tap on the network instead of tapping and holding.
6. Tap Forget network or Forget in the pop-up. Your device will disconnect from this network and stop connecting to it automatically.
If you want to connect to the same Wi-Fi network again in the future, you might have to enter a security password.